Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am about to move out how much heads up do i need to give my utility companies?

Do i simply have to change my address with the post office? Also does the post office only foward your address for 6 months?I am about to move out how much heads up do i need to give my utility companies?
I am a REALTOR in NC. For utility companies, 3-5 days is sufficient, just specify the date that you want the utilities transferred. No less than 3 days though. You can perform a change of address on www.usps.com or with your local post office. They forward your mail for 1 year.I am about to move out how much heads up do i need to give my utility companies?
call them s,a..p
The post office forwards addresses for 12months unless you indicate on the change of address form otherwise. Give your utilities a call about a week in advance and they will usually shut them off on the day you move. That is what I did recently and everything turned out fine
You should call to transfer your utilities about 3-4days before you move, I'm not sure how many months the post office forwards,



just make sure the next person who has your previous address has your current address with them %26amp; have them put a sticker inside their mailbox with your name %26amp; new address on it ,

so the post office knows before they even deliver an item to your old address, that you are not there anymore.
If you want service were you are moving to, then you better call a couple of weeks in advance.
We usually schedule all utilities to be turned off at a specified future date but we do that as soon as we know for sure that the tenant is moving out.

As to changing your address go here

Changing your address from the US postal service: https://moversguide.usps.com/?referral=U

Wish you the best
No. Call the Utility company and have them stop serviceon the day you move out. And, make sure you call. I made the mistake of not calling, and the landlord ran up a $500 bill on my dime.



it took me years to get it taken off my bill
The USPS will forward all 1st class mail for 12 months. It will forward magazines and periodicals for 3 months. It is always a good idea to notify the USPS of your change of address at least one week before you move, in case there is a question.

(Nearly 1 in 4 Change of Address forms are filled out improperly. Most because people do not take the time to completely read the instructions.)
  • web design company
  • Where I can find nice modern comforters
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment