Sunday, November 14, 2010

After you fill out a change of address form does the post office send notice to your old addresses?

I was just wondering if the post office would send a notice to your old address so that whoever moved in would know if they got any mail with my name on it what my new address is. It worries me though that people I don't know will have my address if this is true. Also, how can I change my address completely without it just getting ';forwarded'; for like a year. I haven't gotten any mail yet and it's been about 2 months since I filled out a change of address form. I did get something saying that they got my change of address form though. help!!After you fill out a change of address form does the post office send notice to your old addresses?
Yes, they would. They have to send notice in case it's a mistake, or maybe someone trying to commit fraud and/or identity theft. Go to your old address and ask if any mail has come for you. Also, what date did you put on your form for the change to take place? Check with the Post Office too.

No comments:

Post a Comment